by Christophe Salzmann © 1994-2008
Use theses VIs at your own risk (make a backup first)
These VIs are meant for your private use. Please contact me for licences.
latest build 2595, UNIVERSAL
This collection of VIs is an extension of the old QuickCam VIs which became the SGVI with FireWire support. Some of you also had a chance to use the Windows counterpart of these VIs. Theses early version only support video image grabbing.
Overview: (in bold new function added)
- Read image from a file (or from memory) in any format supported by QuickTime and display it in a LV Picture control
- Write a LV Picture into a file (or to memory) compressed with any format supported by QuickTime
- Apply transformations to a LV Picture like rotate, scale, skew or any combination of these
- Read movies in any format supported by QuickTime, this includes (MOV, MPEG, Flash, Animated Gif, etc)
- Write movies in any format supported by QuickTime (with control over compression)
- Grab concurrently any video input supported by QuickTime :-) this include FireWire, USB, built-in, etc.
- Read a sound track encoded with any QuickTime supported formats (WAV, mp3, ACC, µLaw, etc)
- Add a sound track to a QuickTime Movie.
- All this on OSX MacIntel and PPC OSX + Windows + OS9 PPC (older version, not updated)
- They require QuickTime to be installed on your machine (see http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/)
- Under windows you need a proxy vdig to enable QuickTime to see VfW and WDM video capture devices.
- If your camera is not currently supported, check out the excellent IOExperts MacOS8, 9, X universal drivers for USB and FireWire cameras (http://www.ioexperts.com/).
- There is minimal documentation at this time, see the examples provided for a starting point.
- The QT_AllVIs.vi is a place holder that explicitely shows all the QTLib VIs, it is meant to be broken!
- The current QTLib which runs on MacOSX Intel and PPC + Windows XP (not tested on vista)
- Demo applications (read/write/transform image, read/write movie, sound, grab)
- The lastest build (21st March 2008) is QTLIB_2595_LV82.llb.zip (2.6 MB)
- This build does not support MacOS9, for compatibility there is the MacOS9 2583 build
It has been tested under
- MacOS 9.2 - QuickTime 5.2
- MacOSX 10.3.8 - QT 6.5.2
- MacOSX 10.4.2 - QT 7.0.2
- MacOSX 10.5.2 - QT 7.4
- XP SP1/SP2 - QT 6.5.2, 7.1.3
The .zip file should be open without problem on the Mac using Stuffit Expander (or any other unzip programs)
The .lsb files (MacOS9, MacOSX and Window) are saved within the .llb, so LV will find them even if the .llb is saved on another platform, more on this nice feature in the LTR paper (see below).
- MacIntel, PowerMac G5, OSX 10.3.8 and 10.4.2, QT 6.5.2 and 7.0, LV 7 native, FireWire (iSight ready) and USB cameras (included built in iSight).
- PC, XP SP1, LV7, QT 6.5.2, WinVDIG 1.0.4, FireWire and USB cameras
- older version works with Classic (OS 9.2 - QT 5.2) works but you don't have access to video grabbing.
The Fat-CIN concept has been developed to allows the use of CIN in a cross-platform environment. The main VI makes a dynamic call to the platform specific VI containing the CIN. This allows the .llb file to contains both Mac and PC code :-)
See the Summer 2002, Vol. 10, Nbr 1, LTR issue about Fat-CIN for more info.
Ch. March 2008